Friday, July 28, 2023

The "D" Word: Diet

 

The "D" word   

Diet...  It is looked at as a swear word, but should it be?  Diet is defined as the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.  Your diet is the foods that you put into your mouth.  What does your diet consist of?  Are you giving your body nutrients?  We should STOP looking at it as a "restriction of calories".  A well balanced diet of all types of foods that nourish our body is what we should strive for.  


Eat NUTRIENTS

When we are ready to eat we should look at our meals as a way to put nutrients into our bodies.  Our plates should be 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex carbohydrate, and half veggie.  
Our food should have tons of natural color (not artificial).  The food we eat should mostly have been alive at one time, or come from something that was.  

Mindset

We will not ALWAYS eat perfectly.  You have to leave room for fun, but I have noticed that if I tell myself "I am not a person that eats XYZ then I don't".  For example, I don't eat fast food.  I know it is bad for me so I don't eat it.  (Not more than about twice a year).  You can do that for anything.  I am not a person that drinks pop, eats sugar, eats gluten, eats dairy, etc...  Then you would be surprised at how much quicker it is to drop that habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment